Ezra Yehuda

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

sippy cup!

Here are some pics from today. The first is captioned, "just readin' my book here!" The second two are: "well, I sort of get the concept!" Also known as, "too much plastic!!" I'm looking for safer sippy cups. My friend Anne let me know about one type called BornFree that I think they might sell at Whole Foods, so I'll check next time we're there. Also I want to get him a Klean Kanteen sippy, which is lightweight stainless steel with an Avent sippy spout, but he'll have to be a bit older because it doesn't have handles and the Avent spouts are harder to use.

I'm working on teaching Ezra how to use the sippy cup. He's never had a bottle, or really seen one, so it's a bit more difficult. I've been giving him little sips of water from my cup for a week or so now. Starting yesterday I put some water in the sippy and drank from it myself, then poured some into Ezra's mouth (I took out the valve), and then handed him the cup. I think he gets that he can drink if he puts his mouth on it, but learning to tip it back will be the challenge. Without the valve the water spills out easily, which is why I stripped him to his diaper for this game :) Of course, Ezra thinks it's much more fun to throw the sippy over the side of his chair, so we got a bit wet!









1 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

oh my goodness Ellie, I love the second picture! could his eyes get any bigger!

7:58 PM, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home